Healthy Chocolate Chip Muffin
(Serves: 12 Muffins)
200g whole wheat plain flour
75g egg white
5ml vanilla extract
150g brown sugar
100g cocoa powder
10g baking powder
80g chocolate chips
7g bicarbonate soda
250ml skimmed milk
- With an electric machine, mix the flour, salt, bicarbonate soda and baking powder on low speed.
- Add the water, egg white and vanilla extract.
- Mix well until the mixture is smooth, then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Arrange the mixture in muffins paper cups and keep in the chiller for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven on 175c, and bake the muffins for 25 minutes. Check they are cooked all the way through by putting a skewer in the muffin and pulling in out to see if the mix coked on the inside.
Nutritional Information Per Muffin:
Total Calories: 167